Electronics

Electronics

Trying to design an NFC antenna

Tagged: 

• Acherme
      Subscriber

Hi everyone,

As the title says, I'm trying to design a NFC antenna. I did all the calculations on Matlab and now I must simulate it in HFSS. Here is what I did :

• Created the antenna model and imported it in HFSS
      • Assigned the material "copper" and the boundary "Perfect E" on the antenna
      • Set a lumped port
      • Created a vaccum box around the antenna
      • Set a Lumped RLC with a 50pF capacitance (my real antenna will have a 50 pF capacitor)
      • Set the solution frequency to 13.56MHz, a number of passes to 20 and maximum delta S to 0.02.

The antenna is supposed to work at 13.56MHz. In order to see if it's well tuned, I wanted to check the S11 parameter and i got this :

• Praneeth
      Ansys Employee
      nPlease use upload image option to upload images, we cannot access the attachments in the forum.nKindly provide the images for your setups for model, port, lumped elements and boundaries.nBest regards,n
    • Acherme
      Subscriber
      Hi pmunaga and thanks for your answer.nHere are the images of my setup :nnnI've just noticed that when I do the simulation, I get this error message (I don't konw if it's relevant) : nnn
    • Acherme
      Subscriber
      Hi pmunaga and thanks for your answer.nHere are the images of my setup : nI've just noticied that when I start the simulation, I get an error message (I don't know if it's relevant) : nn
    • Praneeth
      Ansys Employee
      nDid you verify your results when there is no lumped capacitor in your model?nRegarding the solutions warning which you have posted, it is just a warning indicating that the previous results have been invalidated because of the changes you made to your model.nBest regards,n
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.