June 21, 2021 at 8:53 amarmanleeSubscriber
I was trying to understand how the circuit of CROW filter from the guide (Tunable CROW Filter – Lumerical Support) works but could not find it out. The question is how does the highlighted part of a thermal tuner circuit work? Why is there a negative gain, adder, fork, multiplier sequence?June 21, 2021 at 7:13 pmKyleAnsys Employee
This part of the circuit calculates the square of the difference between the anode and cathode voltage values. The gain and the sum elements find the difference between the voltages and the fork and multiplier elements find the square of this difference. It does this because the thermal tuner elements are calibrated with a tuning efficiency given in m/V^2.
June 22, 2021 at 8:24 amarmanleeSubscriberDear Thank you for your help! Now it is more clear.
June 22, 2021 at 5:42 pmKyleAnsys EmployeeYou're welcome !
Viewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.