General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Tuning material tool in Ansys Additive

• Ansystrial
      Subscriber

Hello,

I want to add new material to the Ansys Additive 2021 R1 library and followed the steps in the manual of the Material Tuning tool. I prepared the three needed files (two .csv and one .json) and populate the cells as directed. However, I got n error that the simulation failed because of "Invalid simulation parameters". Would you please help me troubleshoot this?

• Govindan Nagappan
      Ansys Employee
      Can you insert an image instead of attachment to show the problem?
    • Ansystrial
      Subscriber
      Here it is.
    • Govindan Nagappan
      Ansys Employee
      Something in the input is formatted incorrectly or out of range. If the Ansys version is earlier than 2020 R2, the laser speed of 350 mm/s is out of range.
    • Ansystrial
      Subscriber
      I don't have speeds below 350 mm/s. Here is the list of parameters. Is there anything wrong with this setup?

• BorjaAf
      Subscriber
      Hello Like I followed the steps in the manual and I keep getting the following error message: 'maxError is outside allowed range of [0.01, 0.2]'. However, I think it dosen't even calculate the error of the first parameter combination because the error appears inmediatly after clicking 'Start'. The following image contains my experimental data file, if it's any help.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.