May 19, 2023 at 1:39 pmderya karakayaSubscriber
I am constantly getting errors in the analysis I prepared with 6DOF using a Darrieus vertical axis water turbine and dynamic mesh. In the interior zone, the turbine blades do not rotate, and instead of turning, the internal zone shifts and moves away from the area after a while. I would be delighted if you could help me with this subject.
May 19, 2023 at 2:17 pmRobAnsys Employee
You may want to refine the outer mesh region too. What axis and position did you fix? How are you calculating the rotation speed?
May 19, 2023 at 2:40 pm
May 19, 2023 at 2:42 pmRobAnsys Employee
And is the y-axis up the middle of the rotor? Exterior zone, yes. If you're defining the rotation speed like that, have you considered using the sliding mesh option?
May 19, 2023 at 2:49 pm
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.