3D Design

3D Design

Turbocharger simulation

• shezi266
      Subscriber

hello every one , 

iam performing simulation on turbocharger , and i have it's geometry in solid works . Can any one tell me whether my geometry is clear for further process

Thank You

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Shezi,

What kind of simulation do you want to build?

Is it a fluid flow simulation of the gases passing through each side of the rotor?

Is it a structural simulation to calculate the stress due to the force of the gas on the rotor?

Is it a thermal simulation of the temperature distribution though the system?

You have say what your purpose is before we can say if your geometry is clear for the purpose.

Regards,

Peter

• shezi266
      Subscriber
      Thank you sir for your response.
      Sir iam performing flow simulation on turbocharger ( turbine & compressor in this case)
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Then you don't need the bolts or the cover parts as they are outside the flow domain.

You have to research the mesh method to use for this. For example, the sliding mesh method means you have to create cutting surfaces that separate the fluid that surrounds the rotor from the fluid that is in the housing. The rotor mesh is attached to the rotor and the housing mesh is attached to the housing and the two meshes slide on each other at this cutting surface.

What version of ANSYS are you using?  Which geometry prep tool will you use: DesignModeler or SpaceClaim?

In DesignModeler, you will use Fill to create the body that represents the fluid. The easy way to use that is to have additional solids that cap off the inlet and outlet so that it can find the parts of space that are completely enclosed by solid geometry. If you use SpaceClaim, you can create the fluid volume solid without having  those extra capping solids, you just click on the faces that could be extended to close off the enclosed fluid volume.

You can also use SOLIDWORKS to create the bodies (one on each end) that represent the fluids. It just might not be as simple as in DM or SC.

• shezi266
      Subscriber
      Iam using ansys version 15 and will use design modeler
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.