August 2, 2019 at 5:41 pmFrank10Subscriber
Hello guys, i am trying simulate a pulsatile flow in a pipe with stenosis that is cylinder like in ansys fluent and i get floating point exceptionerror and while calculating it says in the console area that turbulent viscosity limited to viscosity 1.0e+05 in 1 cells and does that for many cells. I tried to change my mesh,models and iterations in ansys cfd but i still got this problem. My bc is velocity inlet in udf v=1.5sin(pt) and pressure outlet 0 and i got a backflow so i choose static pressure in case of backflow.
August 5, 2019 at 5:22 amDrAmineAnsys EmployeeUse smaller time steps but please make your mesh better as it depict a huge cell volume change off the prism layers to bulk.
August 5, 2019 at 1:45 pmFrank10SubscriberSo how many cells should I have for my mesh to be ok for a simulation like this ? I was using 0.005 time step should I go lower ? About the turbulent viscosity will be ok if I make better mesh ?
Thanks in advance !
August 5, 2019 at 1:50 pmDrAmineAnsys Employee
Yes start by making a better mesh. The geometry is simple so I expect a high quality mesh with good metrics.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.