Fluids

Fluids

Turek-hron FSI model continuity convergence

• sarbakhshian
      Subscriber

Hello, I've been trying to verify this Turek-Hron benchmark for FSI simulation, The velocity convergence in x,y and z directions is going well but it is giving me huge values in terms of continuity residuals. How can I reduce continuity residuals for this model? I have tried to refine the mesh and change the solution methods (SIMPLE,SIMPLEC,PISO...) but still having same results. I'm attaching some pictures of residuals and mesh here.

I would appreciate any comments.

thanks.

• Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello:
      From the residuals plot, it seems to me that you may need to increase the number of iterations in your Fluids simulation. The convergence should at least be 3 orders of magnitude for each residual. This will affect your accuracy.
      Karthik
    • sarbakhshian
      Subscriber
      Thank you so much for the reply, beside the convergence problem I have also faced a new problem during the solution. Fluent dynamic mesh is not remeshing correctly, I can see some elements projecting out of the symmetry plane, which shouldn't be that way!! What do you think of it?

• Stephen Orlando
      Ansys Employee
      Hi,
      Please have a look at this tutorial showing how to set up an FSI case (specifically the dynamic mesh settings in Fluent) for a 2D extruded geometry. https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v221/en/sysc_tut/sysc_tut_reedvalve_fluent.html
      Steve
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.