General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Tutorial for files recovery

• kaitova
      Subscriber

Hi,

could you please advise if there is a guide/tutorial for files recovery? 

i often face issues with my model , I am not accurate with them which brings to the fact that I need to run rebuild models.

For example, I have closed the model today without saving. Will it be recovered when I open a new session? Does ansys have any sort of back up for this? thank you a lot, sorry for repeating previous questions

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee
    • kaitova
      Subscriber

Thank you, could you please tell what is the extension file for space claim? It is written about design modeler only (.agdb).Thank you

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee

for SpaceClaim it would be *.scdoc.

• kaitova
      Subscriber

Aniket, thank you a lot, can you please tell what is the principle that ansys using for making this files? It makes several mechdb files and scdoc files (does it mean that it makes it on stages of the model?). Which of these files would you recommend to upload to  new static structural (you cant upload all of them to the same static structural). Thank you 

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee

If you have a system that is not connected to another system:

Geometry will be either scdoc or agdb or geometry format

For A4 A5 you have mechdb (or mechdat) file.

If you have multiple systems then you can have multiple files.

Easy way to check is copy paste them in a back up folder and try to import them  in workbench.

• kaitova
      Subscriber

Thank you very much!

Can you please also tell me if SYS-15.mechdb file is missing, but in the folder I can see files SYS-16 and SYS-14, can I replace/use one of them? then it means that my analysis will be one step further or one step away from the current status of the model? Might be I misunderstand something. Thank you

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee

It would be difficult to comment without looking at entire system, but in most cases in case you have separate mechdb, it would mean those two are unlinked systems at least at row 4. You can not simply replace missing mechdb with others.

• kaitova
      Subscriber

yes, I have discovered this already, thanks!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.