Electronics

Electronics

Twin builder and maxwell – cosimulation of reluctance motor

• Higgsco
      Subscriber

Hi all,

For over a 2 months I am trying to solve one simple thing related to my project in Ansys Maxwell and Twin Builder/Simplorer.

I want to create a simple dynamic co-simulation of synchronous reluctance motor (SRM). I made a model in Maxwell, imported it to Twin Builder, created closed-loop hysteresis current controlled algorithm to control the speed of motor (the same I did in MATLAB/Simulink and it works fine), but I don't know how to translate voltage/current signals into speed of the motor. I can adjust element WM_ROTB and give constant speed value to SRM but it's not the point. I want to make it work from 0 rpm to for example 1500 rpm and see how it works. In many papers I have seen different combinations of elements implemented to MotionSetup1_in and MotionSetup1_out, but it is never showed how is it adjust. Below I attach my simulation system (of course without the whole power electronic system). PLEASE someone explain how to make it works like in this paper https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8243950

• HDLI
      Ansys Employee

We will use VM_ROTB to get the shaft speed and use the equation to calculate synchronous frequency, but need to multiply 2 for SR motor, 2*rpm*pole/120, pole is rotor pole number.
      If get frequency of current or voltage you have to build zero value measurement to count time to calculate frequency that you have to build by yourself. Thanks.
      HDLI
    • Higgsco
      Subscriber
      So what you suggest is to in MotionSetup1_in attach VM_ROTB? But where the equation should be implemented? I have never seen any Simplorer examples like that where the equations are used in that form, somehow every other example I saw used these elements what I did on the picture above in first post. Sorry if these questions sounds trivial to You, I just don't know how to deal with it.
    • HDLI
      Ansys Employee

Yes, we use VM_ROTB to measure the shaft speed as same as the above paper used. We could use math blocks of Simplorer to build the calculation of the equation or use equation block "EQUBL" to write the equation. For more detailed information of Simplorer/Twin builder blocks, I suggest you to log in Ansys leaning hub, manual and learn Twin builder menu help "Help -> Twin builder getting started guides".
      Ansys learning hub has more tutorials on Simplorer/Twin builder. https://catalog.ansys.com/alh.cshtml
      For the fundamental frequency of the switched reluctance motor, you have to find reference papers and text book for it. Here is Tim Miller paper, "Optimal Design of Switched Reluctance Motors", in IEEE. Please review equation (16) for the frequency and speed equation of SR motor.
      HDLI
    • thetai158
      Subscriber
      Hi Higgsco Have you solved this problem?
    • RP94
      Subscriber
      Hi Higgsco I want to use simplorer, but there are many doubts related to terminals and connections that need to be done.
      Could you tell me from where you learned to implement the motor control in simplorer?
    • Higgsco
      Subscriber
      I don't remember well, but I had some pdf's and somekind of tutorial I can look for later and send you via email
    • RP94
      Subscriber
      I really appreciate any help you can provide.
    • Higgsco
      Subscriber
      give me your email address and I will send you some files
    • Meroz
      Subscriber

i'm dealing with a similar issue, would you please send me the files that you used ? meriem.ouzouir@gmail.com.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.