Fluids

Fluids

Twin-fluid spray or air-water spray modeling

• vladj
      Subscriber
      Hello guys.nI am trying to model an evaporation cooling chamber and for that purpose I would like to use DPM. A solid cone spray should be a good approach but I have doubts on how to model a mixture of water and air which is actually a spray material. Is that possible with current spray models in Fluent. nI have a certain flow rate of air and a flow rate of water coming out of a nozzle. Am I supposed to find a density of the mixture to actually account for the two components?Thanks in advance. n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      The spray material is water and air? You can model that via multicomponent particle but you need to know what happens with the air content of the spray after the water content evaporated?n
    • vladj
      Subscriber
      First of all, thank you very much on the reply.nThe multi-component particle should do the job. The air content from the discrete phase can go to the bulk flow I guess!?.Another problem I have is that the spray particles contain a few percents of a solid component. Is it possible that after water evaporates, and the air from the spray goes to the bulk flow (cooled stream now), I end up with a smaller solid particle and continue following that particle?.Thanks in advance,nV n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      There is no I guess:there is no mass transfer model allowing the air to evaporate into air ?!. You need to create that on your own or trigger Fluent to do that by modifications..nI still do not think that the spray is made of mixture of air and liquid.nRegarding the solid component:Yes that is possible. The inert part will remain as particle.n
    • vladj
      Subscriber
      Thank you for the important comments. nI will work on this problem and see how it goes.TTYL,nVn
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.