Fluids

Fluids

Two different fluid zone got merged after simulation

• pawar002
      Subscriber

I am running a simulation on the cluster, I have observed that at the time of initialization, patched zones were showing correctly in contours. but after running a certain time step. I am getting wrong results. patched zones got merged. Is it because of parallel processing?

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

No. It has nothing to do with parallel. Are the zones separated through walls or interior. If interiors thenwhat you see is due to you have mixing, diffusion and buoyancy.

What do u want to do?

• seeta gunti
      Ansys Employee

Hello, 

It is not necessary to be apart throughout the solution after the patching the zones with two different fluids.  Patching is a different kind of initialization but not a source where it remains constant throughout the solution.  When the solution progresses two fluids can mix/merge due to mixing ( flow conditions).

Regards,

Seeta

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

As Amine has mentioned, if its interior between two zones, then what you see is correct. 

if you want them as different zones then you can decompose geometry in spaceclaim and define named selection to that common face and then use wall boundary condition. 

• pawar002
      Subscriber

Thank you so much abenhadi, seeta gunti and kkanade. I am working on it i will update you soon.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.