Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Two questions in Mechanical

• sofia_mdh
      Subscriber

Hello, I'm new in the forum and I got two questions. At the first place I would to apologize if this isn't the right forum to ask these questions, but here I go:

------------------------------ Question 1 ----------------------------------------------------

I'm modelling a plate with a hole under plane stress, which is tension in both x and y directions and also shear in the XY plane.

• Rahul Kumbhar
      Ansys Employee
      You could split the rectangle horizontally and vertically in the middle and apply the normal displacement =0 on those edges.n
    • sofia_mdh
      Subscriber
      that works fine when there is only tensile stress in x and y direction, but for example a pure shear state, at least for me is not that clear what boundary conditions I should apply.nnAlso, applying displacements equal to zero makes me get an answer, but I still get warning messages. Is there a way to turn them off?n
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      nFor pure shear, I would put a Remote Displacement, behavior = deformable, on the bottom edge and fix all DOF. The deformable edge allows the Poisson's ratio to take effect if you were to have some tensile stress in the X or Y directions.nThen I would put shear and/or tensile forces on the the left, top and right edges.n
    • sofia_mdh
      Subscriber
      Thank you Peter! n
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.