July 17, 2023 at 1:54 amLumisade SnowSubscriber
HI all, I am trying to model impinging fluid flow on a thin plate with array of holes (both thickness and hole diameter of order 10^-4m), but the meshing and calculation takes way too long, as Im trying to capture fluid structure coupling between the flow and the plate (the plate will vibrate due to fsi). Is there a faster way to run such a simulation? Or better way to mesh it? The fluent simulation takes really long to initialize and when I start to solve it in fluent it gets stuck at 0% and doesnt run, or it gives Received signal sigsegv. My element number is approximately 10 million. Thanks!
July 17, 2023 at 9:03 amRobAnsys Employee
Are you modelling a single hole in a plate, or are the holes in the darker grey section? What sort of vibration frequency are you expecting?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.