Electronics

Electronics

Two way simulation for Thermal analysis: Ansys HFSS and Mechanical

• PintuAdhikari
      Subscriber

Hello,

I was trying to integrate the HFSS model with Workbench and do the two-way thermal simulation but could not. I have Ansys EM Suite 2020 R1 license for HFSS and I downloaded Ansys 2021 R1 (student trail version) for Workbench. I have a guided example from Ansys that says, "For integration of HFSS and the Workbench, the Workbench has to be installed before HFSS. Then, during the HFSS installation, you will be asked if you want to enable integration of HFSS with the Workbench". However, I could not find an option to integrate HFSS with the workbench. I have attached two pictures one is from the guided example and one from my workbench. I could not find ansoft inside the workbench (WB)

It would be great if anyone can help me with how to integrate HFSS in Workbench. I really appreciate your help. Thank you so much for your time.

• Praneeth
      Ansys Employee

Please use "upload image" option to share the screenshots as Ansys employees cannot access the attachments.
      Best regards,
    • VivekKamble
      Ansys Employee
      for HFSS EM integration the version of the workbench and HFSS should be similar.

Regards Vivek
    • PintuAdhikari
      Subscriber

Please have a look at the pictures below

• PintuAdhikari
      Subscriber

How can I get Ansys 2020 R2 student version for Ansys mechanical (Workbench) for the thermal simulation. In the student download center, I can only see the Ansys 2021 R1 (student trail version). Besides, for HFSS EM my University provides ANSYS EM Suite 2020 R2, therefore, I don't have the option to change the HFSS. If I could get the 2020 R2 for Workbench, that would have been great.
      Thank you so much for your time.
    • Praneeth
      Ansys Employee

Please go to "Prior Releases" tab in this link Download Ansys Student | Workbench-based Simulation Tools.
      All the very best.
    • PintuAdhikari
      Subscriber

Thank you for your comments. I've just downloaded and installed the 2020 R2 version, but still couldn't integrate HFSS with the Workbench (WB). Do you have any other suggestions? How can integrate HFSS design in WB (Ansys Mechanical) or how can I import HFSS (.aedt) file in WB? WB doesn't allow me to import aedt file or HFSS doesn't have any formate compatible with WB. I wasn't able to get my WB like the following picture. It would be great if you or anyone could help me with this integration. I do not see HFSS inside my WB :(

• Praneeth
      Ansys Employee

Please go through "ANSYS workbench integration overview" chapter of the HFSS help pdf document for detailed information.
      All the very best.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.