April 4, 2020 at 2:49 amyy4g17Subscriber
Hi guys, for a part of my individual project, I am currently trying to model the deformation of a tyre using ANSYS STATIC STRUCTURAL, I have found a publication of the correct material properties for different sections of the tyre, and configured the simulation settings to what the publication has outlined, that is, with the ground displacing 10mm towards the tyre and also applying an internal pressure in the inside surface of the tyre. The problem is, at the moment of contact, the solver will fail to converge on a solution. When the inflation pressure is applied, the solution can't even start due to lots of highly distorted elements errors. I have then created another standalone system with a simplified tyre model, but the same problem exists. I am quite new to Static Structural, can any one give some help for the multi-layered model? Will really appreciate it!
April 6, 2020 at 7:51 pmSaiDAnsys Employee
Due to company policies, Ansys employees are not allowed to download attachments. But here is a previous post that might help you with debugging:
Hope it is helpful!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.