September 2, 2020 at 11:59 pmThomasta3Subscriber
As part of my undergraduate research I have created a model of a go-kart tyre. My wheel model has 5 materials, the sidewall of the tyre, the tread of the tyre, the carcass of the tyre, the bead and the rim. I am attempting to simulate the deformation of the tyre under a simple vertical load with internal pressure. Below is a photo and cross section of the assembly.September 3, 2020 at 1:42 pmAshish KhemkaAnsys EmployeennWhat is the error in the solver output? Is the solution failing with no error? If so then try increasing number of equilibrium iterations using NEQIT command in setup.You can try having a command NEQIT,100 for having larger iterations.nnRegards,nAshish KhemkaSeptember 6, 2020 at 11:41 pmThomasta3SubscriberHi Ashish,nThank you for your comment. The error in my most recent simulation is that an element located in my ACP carcass has become highly distorted, I will be trying to improve the mesh and increase the substeps. How am I able to tell whether the element distorts in the first or second step?nHow would I input that command into my simulation, is it similar to changing the substep count?nKind regards,nThomasnViewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.