TAGGED: fluid-dynamics, fluid-flow, udf, udf-fluent
June 27, 2020 at 3:00 pmaar007Subscriber
Hi, I am trying to create UDF for my simulation with an initial velocity profile of 65mm at the inlet and velocity of 40m/s. I tried using the fo4mula below to write a UDF for my rectangular domain but I can't seem to manipulate the initial velocity at the beginning of the inlet to a have velocity profile of 65mm. Below is a copy of my UDF, Domain description, and the exprimental description of what I am trying to achieve at the beginning of my inlet
NOTE: I am able to achieve a desired 65mm velocity profile at the desired location (of 4m from the inlet) but not at the inlet
Z=z(Height of Domain 1,32m)
June 29, 2020 at 5:16 amKeyur KanadeAnsys Employee
Duplicate of https://forum.ansys.com/forums/topic/udf-418/
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.