February 20, 2022 at 8:31 pmdestroySubscriber
Im performing Fluid-structure interaction as coupling of the Fluent and Mechanical solvers.
This way, I got multiple coupling iterations during one timestep, i.e. multiple Fluent solving during a single timestep.
However, in my model I need to use also an UDF at_end and cgmotion, which I was using previously only during a standalone Fluent calculations. Therefore my questions arises, how these UDFs will work when there are many coupling iterations per timestep? I mean, I'm asking if the UDF at_end and cgmotion will be runned during every coupling iteration, or just during only last coupling iteration? I strongly preferr the latter option
Kind regardsMarch 7, 2022 at 2:40 pmStephen OrlandoAnsys EmployeeI believe the UDF will be run every coupling iteration.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.