Ansys Products

Ansys Products

UDF compiling error

• ARSH
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am trying to compile a UDF with ANSYS FLUENT 2019R1(I have compiled it before on a different computer and I had no problem so UDF is correct) . I am using Windows 10 and Visual studio 2017 community. I have tried different ways such as running the fluent from Visual Studio Command Prompt and so on but I have not been successful. I am getting the following error:

Error at Node 0: The UDF library you are trying to load (libudf) is not compiled for parallel use on the current platform (win64).

The system cannot find the file specified.

Error: The UDF library you are trying to load (libudf) is not compiled for parallel use on the current platform (win64).nnThe system cannot find the file specified.

nnC:UsersarshDesktopNew folderlibudfwin643d_hostlibudf.dll

Error Object: #f

Do you know any solution?

Thank you

• ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee

Could you please try using a path with no spaces? Currently you have a space New folder. Spaces can cause problems with UDF compiling.

Thank you

• ARSH
      Subscriber

Thank you for your response,

I deleted the space and still I am getting the same error. Is there any other suggestion?

Thank you

Ali

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

Are you able to compile it with the -t0 flag? Could you please check this?

Did you by any chance set any environment variables?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
      Karthik

• ARSH
      Subscriber

I am not very familiar with -t0 flag but I have set the environment variables.

I also reinstall the visual studio several times but no success. Any Ideas?

Thank you

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

As far as I'm aware, you should not be modifying any environment variables. Please remove all custom environment variables, reinstall MS visual studio 2017 or 2019 (both should be compatible), and install all the SDKs. Please try this and let us know if you are able to get things to work.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Karthik

• ARSH
      Subscriber

Hello,

I have deleted all custom environment variables, reinstalled MS visual studio 2017 with all the SDKs but still I am getting the same error.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you

Ali

• ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee

Ali,

I'll reach out directly, to troubleshoot further.

Thank you,
      Matt

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.