Fluids

Fluids

UDF dll issues

• Antoine
      Subscriber

Hi all, 

Here's my problem, I'm pursuing the work of my teacher. He worked on this in 2004. He wrote a code for a UDF that is supposed to find the laminar-turbulent transition around an aerofoil. So the code works just fine. The thing is, I want to use it with my Fluent 19.3.0. I have Visual Studio 2017 as my compiler. I can build the function but when it came to click on 'load' I have this error message :

which says that the libudf.dll cannot be found. Indeed when I looked into the specified directory there is no lidudf.dll. I looked on the internet and found the file. I've downloaded it and put it in the directory and loaded the function again. 

It gave me this error : 

Does anybody know how to solve this issue or find a libudf.dll which works with Fluent 19.3.0 ? 

The oldest version of Fluent available to download on Ansys is Fluent 19.2.0... 

Thank you in advance.

Antoine

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Have a look in the TUI window when you click "compile". I suspect there's an error: what is it? You're also trying to load into 2019R2 (19.4) and not 2019R1 (19.3) so check you used the correct versions. 

• Antoine
      Subscriber

Sorry I'm using Fluent 2019 R2 19.4.0 not the 19.3.0.

Concerning the TUI window I have no idea of what you're talking about. I've never used the TUI on Fluent. Can you guide me to get you the error message you want ? 

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

When you try and compile the C file what do you see in the Fluent text window?  If you're not familiar with Fluent please go to the tutorials via Help and do those before going near complex models. 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.