March 25, 2021 at 9:38 amBibillSubscriberDear all,nnIs it possible to access the edge length of a mesh cell in a UDF ? In other words, i want to determine (dx,dy,dz) for each cell of the mesh.nnThanks in advance!n
March 25, 2021 at 12:00 pmRobAnsys EmployeeYes and no. The cell, facet and node data is available but you'd need to then figure out the dimensions. n
March 25, 2021 at 1:31 pmYasserSelimaSubscriberF_AREA(A,f,t) nThis macro returns the face area vector ... A , A, A in the x, y, anz z direction ...nNV_MAG(A) would give you the magnitude of the above vectornnIf you are in a cell and want to loop over the faces, use c_face_loopnAlso search the manual for C_FACE and C_FACE_THREAD ... if you want to access data on the cell facesn
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.