Fluids

Fluids

UDF for axisymmetric velocity profile

• rglsj
      Subscriber
      Hello everyone!nI believe this one is already answered a hundred times but I'm a new user of Fluent, and I can't figure out how to write UDF for axisymmetric velocity profile at inlet (e.g. parabolic profile). I don't understand how to define coordinates, are they same as 2 planar (so x is radial coordinate and y is radial) or is there some other way of signing coordinates.nThank you!n
    • Kalyan Goparaju
      Ansys Employee
      Hello, nIs there a specific reason for you to be using a UDF? If not, I strongly recommend using the Expressions featured to setup the profile. Its relatively a lot easier. Please do look up the user's guide for more information regarding Expressions.nThanks,nKalyann
    • rglsj
      Subscriber
      Hey Kalyan, thanks for the answer!nI just want to learn how to use it, I'm not doing any specific project, but learning how to use UDF codes. I'm considering a basic flow in a pipe. Most cases in Fluent verification materials use fully developed inlet velocity (and also turbulence) profiles so for that it would be nice to know how to write those codes.n
    • Kalyan Goparaju
      Ansys Employee
      Fair enough. To answer your question, yes, you would have to write the UDF as if it were a planar 2D case. Once you have the UDF compiled and loaded, I recommend running 1 iteration and checking if the flowfield is being initialized as intended. n
    • rglsj
      Subscriber
      Thanks a lot!n
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.