Fluids

Fluids

UDF Initial Velocity Conditions in Some Nodes Which Are Not Boundaries

• simsek8
      Subscriber

Hello,
      I want to create a vortex in a simple 2d mesh that is constrained with wall boundary conditions. Here is what I mean:

As you see, there are some nodes (actually cell centers) with proper u and v velocities for initial condition.
      At this point I have looked in UDF Manual, found DEFINE_INIT macro which is shown below: (I can't write the code here. Website gives me Access Denied error)

How can I modify this for myself ? There are 4 initial velocities near the center of the square. Let say square is 1 m^2 and u = v = 0.15 m/s

• simsek8
      Subscriber

I can't write this code in first post due to this website.

• nasreddine
      Subscriber
      Hi, I'm working on a DARRIEUS wind turbine with two blades, (rotating mesh and the other stationary connected by an interface) . I have defined the 6DOF properties , the wind turbine wasn't rotating? I am looking for an explanation and if  is there  any solution or help?  best regards.

• pgl
      Ansys Employee

We'll add "ability to insert simulation code snippets into posts" to our wish list of Student Community enhancements. Thanks for pointing that out. But your attachment works fine, as others can view your code that way.  

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.