Platform

Platform

UDF on HPC for a Batch job

Tagged: ,

• ashch
      Subscriber

Hi,

I am trying to execute a UDF (Define_Spcific_Heat) that runs nicely on my own machine. However, I am facing issues when trying to execute the same via a batch job on the HPC. The sequence of my workflow is as follows, please let me know if it needs any correction

1. I have complied the UDF on my machine (Cp inputted as a user-defined function) and then exporting the cas file to be run on the HPC. 
      2. The directory of the HPC contains both the cas file and the libudf folder
      3. The journal file has the following commands
      4. /define/user-defined/compiled-functions compile libudf yes 'Specific_Heat.c' ""
      5. /define/user-defined/compiled-funcitons load libudf 
      6. Finally the error I get is as follows: 
      for d in lnamd64/[23]*; do 
       ( 
        cd $d; 
       if [ -f udf_names.c ]; then 
               mv -f udf_names.c udf_names.cRenamed; 
              fi; 
       rm -rf *.{c,h,cpp,hpp}; 
       if [ -f udf_names.cRenamed ]; then 
               mv -f udf_names.cRenamed udf_names.c; 
              fi; 
        for f in ../../src/*.{c,h,cpp,hpp} ../../src/makefile ../../src/user.udf; do 
         if [ -f $f -a ! -f `basename $f` ]; then 
          echo "# linking to" $f "in" $d; 
          ln -s $f .; 
         fi; 
        done; 
        echo ""; 
        echo "# building library in" $d; 
        if [ "" = "1" ]; then 
       echo "# using gcc64"; 
       make ARCHC=gcc64 -k>makelog 2>&1; 
        else 
       if [ "" = "1" ]; then 
       echo "# using gcc"; 
       make ARCHC=gcc -k>makelog 2>&1; 
       else 
       make -k>makelog 2>&1; 
       fi; 
        fi;
        cat makelog; 
       ) 
      done
      # linking to ../../src/Specific_Heat.c in lnamd64/3ddp_host
      # building library in lnamd64/3ddp_host
      make[1]: Entering directory `/zhome/d7/e/113826/Ashish/Corner_Air_Gap_200_290/libudf/lnamd64/3ddp_host'
      make[1]: *** No rule to make target `compiled-funcitons', needed by `'Specific_Heat.c''.
      make[1]: *** No rule to make target `read-case', needed by `'Specific_Heat.c''.
      make[1]: *** No rule to make target `FLTG.2-Setup-Output.cas.gz', needed by `'Specific_Heat.c''.
      make[1]: *** No rule to make target `libudf', needed by `'Specific_Heat.c''.
      make[1]: *** No rule to make target `load', needed by `'Specific_Heat.c''.
      make[1]: Target `default' not remade because of errors.
      make[1]: Leaving directory `/zhome/d7/e/113826/Ashish/Corner_Air_Gap_200_290/libudf/lnamd64/3ddp_host'
      # linking to ../../src/Specific_Heat.c in lnamd64/3ddp_node
      # building library in lnamd64/3ddp_node
      make[1]: Entering directory `/zhome/d7/e/113826/Ashish/Corner_Air_Gap_200_290/libudf/lnamd64/3ddp_node'
      make[1]: *** No rule to make target `compiled-funcitons', needed by `'Specific_Heat.c''.
      make[1]: *** No rule to make target `read-case', needed by `'Specific_Heat.c''.
      make[1]: *** No rule to make target `FLTG.2-Setup-Output.cas.gz', needed by `'Specific_Heat.c''.
      make[1]: *** No rule to make target `libudf', needed by `'Specific_Heat.c''.
      make[1]: *** No rule to make target `load', needed by `'Specific_Heat.c''.
      make[1]: Target `default' not remade because of errors.
      make[1]: Leaving directory `/zhome/d7/e/113826/Ashish/Corner_Air_Gap_200_290/libudf/lnamd64/3ddp_node'

• Surya Deb
      Ansys Employee
      Hello, nPlease check the command in point #5. You have a typo there in the word functions /define/user-defined/compiled-funcitonsload libudf . You have used a wrong spelling. Please correct this and recheck.nHope this helps.nRegards,nSD
    • ashch
      Subscriber
      nThanks fo your comments,nUnfortunately, I'm having the same problem and errors as before.Thanks,nAshishnn
    • Surya Deb
      Ansys Employee
      Hello, nDid you try setting environment variables properly? You might want to check the link below.nexport FLUENT_ARCH = lnamd64 can be also tested before you launch Fluent.nRegards,nSDn
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.