Fluids

Fluids

UDF Problem / Porous Media Thermal Analysis

• mecheuzgec
      Subscriber

dear all,

I have been reading this community posts for a while, but this is my first post, so first I would like to say hi to all. I have been using Fluent for my research and this forum has provided me with invaluable resources and answers, so thanks to all the contributors. I would like to kindly ask for some help with a UDF that I am trying to write:

we have 2d rectangle porous media. One side inlet other side outlet. The fluid get into the intlet at 30 bar and 300K. Naturally, T and P will change after passing through the porous media. So, i need to use this changed outlet values as inlet. And this cycle should continue until the desired temperature reached. 

How can i do that, if anyone studied this kind of problem please contact me. 

I am looking forward to hearing from you , releated udf code. 

thanks advance

your sincerely

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Are you looking for an equilibrium condition, or to find the number of passes until a certain temperature & pressure are reached? 

Please keep answers on here so everyone can learn from your questions & any answers. 

• mecheuzgec
      Subscriber

mr. rwoolhou thank you for your interest, firstly.

Actually, I am looking for the cold-down time from 300K to 30K .Therefore, I am trying to reach the desired temperature value by help of this cycle. Number of passes is not important for this study.

If someone needs more information to understand the problem, please write below. 
      Thank you

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Have a look at translational periodic boundary conditions, and check flow & thermal limitations. Otherwise it's possible to write a UDF to map data from one end of the domain to the other. Note, this will show the flowfield, not the time taken to reach your goal temperature. 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.