September 2, 2019 at 11:11 amlouaiSubscriber
i have created a user defined variable for post processing proposes
however i am writing UDF which needs this user defined variable as an input
i was wondering how can i achieve this
September 2, 2019 at 12:11 pmRobAnsys Employee
What variable have you created? You may be better off calculating the value in the UDF, and if it's a field value post processing that rather than what you've done. More information will help.
September 2, 2019 at 1:51 pmlouaiSubscriber
thanks for the prompt reply @rwoolhou
lets make it a general question , if a user defined variable has been created for any reason , is there a way to refer to it inside the UDF as it is
i have tried using RP_Get_Real("variable-name")
where for the variable name i put the name given for the user defined variable but an error returned says an identified variable
September 2, 2019 at 2:28 pmDrAmineAnsys Employee
Refer to Fluent Customization manual under Accessing a Scheme Variable in a UDF
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.