April 4, 2023 at 10:44 pmgivi18Subscriber
In the ANSYS FLUENT, the units for diffusivity are kg/(ms) while the conventional units for diffusivity (m^2/s). so it means that Fluent is solving
I have to solve this equation d/dt= D div(div )+ s . If I multiply all the parameters with the current equation will be: d()/dt= D div(div )+ s. I was wondering if it is the correct way to change my equation to the fluent format.
thanks in advance for your help.
April 6, 2023 at 12:42 pmRobAnsys Employee
The formatting went a little wrong. Simple answer, UDS is a scalar with no material properties: so scalar diffusivity has no knowledge of material density. Have a look at scalar diffusivity and compare with the species diffusivity sections of the manual.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.