Fluids

Fluids

UDS source independent of source value?

• schwaral
      Subscriber
      I want to know if this is correct.I have detected some minor differences in my UDS Value, when I plotted a case with a larger source and a smaller. My Source term is at the moment like this:1/(sourcevolume) * sourcevalue.Should this be correct and the differences I see are based because of diffrent reasons? I used same cellsize settings, conergence criteria, .... Thats why I am a little bit insecure.And one more qustion. If I change the cellsize. This should not have any effect, since the define__source udf loops over cells? Or am I wrong? I think it should be like this and i red the Manuel as well but like I said I receive differences in my results and I am confused now n
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      What sort of differences are you seeing in the results? Also, what is your model (geometry and boundary conditions)?nPlease post some screenshots so I can understand this better.nThanks.nKarthikn
    • schwaral
      Subscriber
      I think I got a better understanding now. The green area is porous and I have a source term for my UDS. the UDS Value is plotted. Left inlet, rigth outlet, top/bottom is symmetry.I want to have a drop from left to rigth independent of cellsize and thickness (from left to rigth in picture) of the porous media. I use define_source UDF. I think I have to take into account the sourcethickness, since drop should be independent from it and also celllength or cellvolume. Here I am not sure which is the rigth way to go.So I would say now I have to use this formula for source:1) 1/sourcethickness * 1/cellvolume * sourcevalue nor 2) 1/sourcethickness * 1/celllength * sourcevalueI will just test it know, but for others this migth be helpfulln
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.