Fluids

Fluids

UDS Specified flux Boundary Condition

• Toufik
      Subscriber

I am currently working on the numerical modeling of the ionic wind with Fluent - see the attached figure -

UDSs were created to solve the transport equation for chemical species, these transport equations contain convective and diffusive terms as well as the source terms, at the level of the two electrodes - which are considered as "walls" -, I want to specify a " Neumann " type boundary condition (zero gradient).

My question is: does "Specified flux" mean convective flux, diffusive flux or the sum of both ?

And if I want to specify juste the diffusive flux, do I have to go through a UDF or Fluent has other solutions?

Thank you in advance for your help.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Specified flux corresponds to diffusive flux.

• Toufik
      Subscriber

Thanks for your reply,

just to confirm, is that still true no matter is the type of the boundary condition?

according to other forums ( https://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent/177022-how-apply-neumann-boundary-condition-fluent.html#:~:text=The%20boundary%20conditions%20used%20by,An%20overall%20mass%20balance%20correction. ) Specified flux corresponds to diffusive flux only for an "outflow" type limit ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Yes no matter for the walls.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.