April 20, 2023 at 7:42 amshadowfax7Subscriber
I am trying to program a body force on particles using DPM.
To calculate and implement my code I reserve 2 UDS and 2 UDM.
The UDM contain values needed to calculate the force but I need the gradient of these values.
Therefore, I use the 2 UDS whose values I set equal to the UDM values, making use of the patch function after initialization and custom defined field functions.
However, when I start the simulation, these values start dropping each iteration until they reach zero.
How can I solve this issue?
April 20, 2023 at 12:14 pmRobAnsys Employee
What is there in the code to maintain the UDS values during the simulation?
Have a look at https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/Secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v231/en/flu_udf/flu_udf_DataAccessMacros.html%23flu_udf_sec_udm_macros 220.127.116.11. Example UDF that Utilizes UDM and UDS Variables
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.