Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Unable to Access Ansys programs FLEXlm Error

• hgar96
      Subscriber

Hi,

I am working at a university lab where we have the license (renewed in February 2018)  for the Ansys Academic Research HF programs on our lab desktop. I was using the Ansys Electronics Desktop for the past 2 months and the program was working perfectly fine. A few days ago, I wanted to try the Ansys Simplorer program and so I closed the Ansys Electronics Desktop and went to the Simplorer program. For some reason, it gave me an error stating something about gui and maybe license. I don't remember what that error was but I remember there were some features that were grayed out so I assumed maybe our license didn't cover those features. Afterwards, I wanted to go back to the Ansys Electronics Desktop and continue my work on there, and so I closed the Simplorer program. However, when I went back to the Ansys Electronics Desktop program, it wouldn't even open up. I closed the related programs on the task manager to ensure I didn't have 2 Ansys programs running at the same time (bc I know that can cause issues too). The Ansys Electronics Desktop program still isn't opening up and I am not sure why considering the fact that I was able to use it for the past 2 months. I have attached pictures of the errors I am seeing. I would appreciate potential solutions. I did see some suggestions about changing the port number, but I couldn't locate the license.dat files and I didn't want to make that change without getting assistance/feedback from someone more technically verse with the program. 

Thank You

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi hgar96 ,

I would check with the license server admin to see if there is any change on the license server (like restart the License Manager, install new license files, etc.).

Please post the the following information from your machine

1. All .lic files under (by default) C:Program FilesAnsysEMadmin

2. Output of the command  

set > set.log   

in the CMD Prompt

Thank you,

Win

• hgar96
      Subscriber

Thank you for the feedback. I restarted the computer, and the HFSS program is working now. However, when I'm trying to use Simplorer, it is showing the error below. Our lab has the license for "Ansys Academic Research HF". The other tools seem to work, so could it be that we have access to all the tools but not Simplorer? I would assume Simplorer is included in the bundle. Please let me know if this can be fixed. Thank You

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi hgar96 ,

On the license server machine, open up ANSYS License Management Center -> Display FlexNet License Status , then see if it has simplorer_gui license in the list. You could also copy and paste the entire output and post them here.

Thank you,

Win

• hgar96
      Subscriber
      Thanks. Below is the output. I don't see it on there so I guess we don't have it. So, if I don't see licenses for Maxwell or circuit design on that list,  would it mean that I shouldn't be able to use it as well? I didn't run any analysis on the circuit modeling tool, but I was able to open it and import an sNp file. Would I be blocked from particular features or is circuit design and Maxwell tools bundled under a different license? Thank you
      Last updated on 2018/10/24 136:04

lmutil - Copyright (c) 1989-2015 Flexera Software LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Flexible License Manager status on Wed 10/24/2018 136

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]

License server status: 1055@WINDOWS-AOIOPQ1

License file(s) on WINDOWS-AOIOPQ1: C:Program FilesANSYS IncShared FilesLicensinglicense_filesansoftd.lic:

WINDOWS-AOIOPQ1: license server UP (MASTER) v11.13.1

Vendor daemon status (on WINDOWS-AOIOPQ1):

ansyslmd: UP v11.13.1

Feature usage info:

ansoftd: UP v11.13.1

Feature usage info:

Users of al4allegro:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of al4ansoft:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of al4apd:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of al4boardstation:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of al4cadvance:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of al4cds:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of al4encore:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of al4expedition:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of al4first:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of al4gem:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of al4generic:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of al4odb++:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of al4powerpcb:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of al4virtuoso:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of al4zuken:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of alinks_gui:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of ansoft_distrib_engine:  (Total of 2 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of designer_desktop:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of designer_hspice:  (Total of 2 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of emit_legacy_gui:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of emit_solve:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of ensemble_25_sim:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of ensemble_gui:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of filter_synthesis:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of fwspice_export:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of hfss_desktop:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of hfss_gui:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of hfss_solve:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of hfss_transient_solve:  (Total of 2 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of hfsshpc:  (Total of 16 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of hfssie_gui:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of hfssie_solve:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of hfsssbr_solve:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of nexxim_ami:  (Total of 2 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of nexxim_dc:  (Total of 3 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of nexxim_eye:  (Total of 2 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of nexxim_gui:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of nexxim_hb:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of nexxim_netlist:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of nexxim_osc:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of nexxim_tran:  (Total of 3 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of nexxim_tvnoise:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of optimetrics:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of q3d_desktop:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of savant_legacy_gui:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of si2d_gui:  (Total of 2 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of si2d_solve:  (Total of 2 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of si3d_gui:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of si3d_solve:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of siwave_gui:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of siwave_level1:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of siwave_level2:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of siwave_level3:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of siwave_reporter:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of siwave_solver:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of symphony_dt_sim:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of symphony_fd_sim:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of xlate_catia4:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of xlate_catia5:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of xlate_iges:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of xlate_inventor:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of xlate_parasolid:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of xlate_proe:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of xlate_solidworks:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of xlate_step:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of xlate_unigraphics:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

• hgar96
      Subscriber
      Last updated on 2018/10/24 136:04

lmutil - Copyright (c) 1989-2015 Flexera Software LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Flexible License Manager status on Wed 10/24/2018 136

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]

License server status: 1055@WINDOWS-AOIOPQ1

License file(s) on WINDOWS-AOIOPQ1: C:Program FilesANSYS IncShared FilesLicensinglicense_filesansoftd.lic:

WINDOWS-AOIOPQ1: license server UP (MASTER) v11.13.1

Vendor daemon status (on WINDOWS-AOIOPQ1):

ansyslmd: UP v11.13.1

Feature usage info:

ansoftd: UP v11.13.1

Feature usage info:

Users of al4allegro:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of al4ansoft:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of al4apd:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of al4boardstation:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of al4cadvance:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of al4cds:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of al4encore:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of al4expedition:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of al4first:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of al4gem:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of al4generic:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of al4odb++:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of al4powerpcb:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of al4virtuoso:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of al4zuken:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of alinks_gui:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of ansoft_distrib_engine:  (Total of 2 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of designer_desktop:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of designer_hspice:  (Total of 2 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of emit_legacy_gui:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of emit_solve:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of ensemble_25_sim:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of ensemble_gui:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of filter_synthesis:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of fwspice_export:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of hfss_desktop:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of hfss_gui:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of hfss_solve:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of hfss_transient_solve:  (Total of 2 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of hfsshpc:  (Total of 16 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of hfssie_gui:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of hfssie_solve:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of hfsssbr_solve:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of nexxim_ami:  (Total of 2 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of nexxim_dc:  (Total of 3 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of nexxim_eye:  (Total of 2 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of nexxim_gui:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of nexxim_hb:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of nexxim_netlist:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of nexxim_osc:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of nexxim_tran:  (Total of 3 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of nexxim_tvnoise:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of optimetrics:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of q3d_desktop:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of savant_legacy_gui:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of si2d_gui:  (Total of 2 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of si2d_solve:  (Total of 2 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of si3d_gui:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of si3d_solve:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of siwave_gui:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of siwave_level1:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of siwave_level2:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of siwave_level3:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of siwave_reporter:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of siwave_solver:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of symphony_dt_sim:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of symphony_fd_sim:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of xlate_catia4:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of xlate_catia5:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of xlate_iges:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of xlate_inventor:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of xlate_parasolid:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of xlate_proe:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of xlate_solidworks:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of xlate_step:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of xlate_unigraphics:  (Total of 1 license issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Thank you.

The following are the lists of interchangeable licenses

Launching ANSYS Electronics Desktop

v15.0

hfss_desktop

designer_desktop

v16.0

hfss_desktop

designer_desktop

q3d_desktop

v16.1

hfss_desktop

designer_desktop

q3d_desktop

maxwell_desktop

v16.2

hfss_desktop

designer_desktop

q3d_desktop

maxwell_desktop

electronics_desktop

v17.0 and above

hfss_desktop

designer_desktop

q3d_desktop

maxwell_desktop

simplorer_desktop

electronics_desktop

Open Design (this is for v19.x)

HFSS

hfss_gui

si3d_gui

m3dfs_gui

electronics3d_gui

HFSS 3D

ensemble_gui

electronics3d_gui

HFSS IE

hfss_gui

si3d_gui

m3dfs_gui

electronics3d_gui

Q3D

si3d_gui

hfss_gui

m3dfs_gui

electronics3d_gui

2D Extractor

si2d_gui

m2dfs_gui

electronics2d_gui

Circuit

nexxim_gui

electronicsckt_gui

Maxwell 3D

m3dfs_gui

si3d_gui

hfss_gui

electronics3d_gui

Maxwell 2D

m2dfs_gui

si2d_gui

electronics2d_gui

RMxprt

rmxprt_gui

electronicsckt_gui

Simplorer

simplorer_gui

Savant

savant_legacy_gui

Emit

emit_legacy_gui

SIwave

siwave_gui

alinks_gui

Now for the solve licenses, they are not interchangeable at this time. So each design has its own license name (we call this 'license feature'). For example, for solving HFSS, it needs hfss_solve.

In short, you can't open Simplorer because you don't have simplorer_gui.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,

Win

• hgar96
      Subscriber

Thank you. So since I have nexxim_gui and hfss_gui I should be able to use the solve features in Circuit and Maxwell 3D? I don't have all those licenses listed under Circuit and Maxwell 3D, but I have those. So those licenses would allow me to use the solve features in Circuit and Maxwell 3D?

Thank You

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

The list of those _gui licenses is the list of interchangeable licenses to allow you to open certain design. This is just for pre/post processing of the design, not for the solve. When you are going to solve that design, you would need ####_solve , which would be unique for each type of design analysis (no interchangeable license).

Thank you,

Win

• hgar96
      Subscriber

Okay, so to clarify, what's the difference between the post processing and solve? If I want to get s-parameter data, then would that be considered post-processing? Would I need the solve? Right now, I'm exporting s-parameter data from HFSS and importing the .sNp file into the circuit design. Then I'm drawing the circuit around the 2 port network, and afterwards I would like to do some analysis. Maybe sweep for other parameters or s-parameters again. So to execute the analysis, would the gui licenses be enough for post-processing (assuming post processing is for analysis)? or I guess in order for post-processing to occur, I would need the solve license?

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi hgar96,

I'm not an EE, so I can't go into details but basically, anything that you have to hit 'analyze' will require a 'solve' license. Then, once you get the results and going to play around with them (plot contour of certain variables, do some animation, export data to something else) those are post-processing. Anything before you hit the 'analyze' is called pre-processing. So, basically the 'gui' license covers almost everything (if you import certain file extension, you might need another license though) except 'analyze'.

Thanks,

Win

• hgar96
      Subscriber

This is an error I'm getting when trying to analyze on the ciruit design tool. Do you think this error is due to something wrong with my circuit or because I don't have the solve license for circuit. 

• hgar96
      Subscriber

I realized the picture is hard to read. The errors in the image are:

[error] analysis:small_signal:lna(error): Analysis step failed due to lack of (enabled) ports or input/output (3:46:04 AM  Nov 08, 2018)

[error] (error): Some or all simulation failed for...

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi hgar96,

This is not an issue with license. For Electronics products, when you encounter any licensing issue, it will explicitly state what license that it's looking for, so if you don't see message about license, you can safely assume that it's not a licensing issue.

This error indicates a project setup problem. I would recommend to create a new thread in Physics Simulation -> Electromagnetics

Also, if you could mark this thread as resolved, that would be great.

Thank you,

Win

• hgar96
      Subscriber

Thank you very much for all your help. 

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

You are welcome !

Thanks,

Win

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.