Fluids

Fluids

Unable to add additional Data Quantities

• Tensionmember
      Subscriber
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Adding the variables means the data is saved into the .dat file, not that anything extra is calculated. Have you turned the Energy equation on?
    • Tensionmember
      Subscriber
      Energy Equation is turned on, yes.

I uploaded the Model so that you can see my current settings.
      Unfortunately I cannot display the results using contours, none of the added variables are displayed in the results window. Additionally, I can only select the additional data quantities in the "Run Calculation" screen of Fluent, in the top left tab under "file" they are grayed out, even after the calculation has been initialized.
      Thanks in Advance
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      If you initialise and run the calculation you should be able to plot various field values (including HTC) on walls and user surfaces in Fluent. The heat flux can be found in the flux reports.
    • Tensionmember
      Subscriber
      Thank you Rob
      I have looked once in the reports, unfortunately all report are marked as unavailable. It is going in the right direction. How can I take it into account?

The possibility to upload pictures here is denied to me right now, I don't know what the problem is. I have now uploaded the report to a Drive folder, at the following link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EtOKD7ls50Fa1YBxm9ggthPwBgIdn3Iz?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Try again now, the site was playing up yesterday. I'm not permitted to open links or attachments to comply with Legal's rules.
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      I assume you want to visualize in CFD Post? If you select contour plots category Wall Fluxes then you should select to see surface HTC.
    • Tensionmember
      Subscriber
      Thats exactly what i want to do, DrAmine. But where can I select the different contour plots?

Additionally, how is it possibly to give a body an increasing or decreasing temperature over the height of itself.

Tensionmember
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      If you want to vary temperature over a surface you're looking at using one of a profile, expression or UDF.
    • Tensionmember
      Subscriber
      Yeah thats what i thought too, i tried to implement an expression in the fixed values, but it did not work.

Thats one equation for the ground temperature over depth. I wanted to use the regression line function as expression with x meaning the depth as a variable.

Or is there an easier way?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      That should work, if you display temperature only on that zone what do you see? I assume you've got a sensible conductivity value set?
      Edit: reformulate the expression in K and leave the Fluent solver units in K. In theory it shouldn't make a difference, but the FIX function can be a bit odd sometimes.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.