Fluids

Fluids

Unable to change meshes in Fluent

• Edrick Kusumo
      Subscriber

Hello,

I have been working on Fluent for research this semester and just recently I am having the problem of not being able to edit meshes. When double tapping a sizing component, the menu that should appear in the bottom left hand corner with the ability to change the mesh geometry does not appear. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the software and it did not fix it.

Any help would be appreciated! Please let me know if any extra clarifications need to be made!

P.S This is not specific to Fluent. For those that have worked in Mechanical, I cannot edit meshes or change materials in there either. I am not sure if that changes anything but I thought it would be an important note to make.

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Can you please insert couple of images to understand the issue. 

Is it Ansys Meshing or is it Meshing component that you are not able to open in WB? 

Check if you can Reset layout. 

Please go through help manual for more details 

Regards,

Keyur

How to access Ansys Online Help Document

Guidelines on the Student Community

• Edrick Kusumo
      Subscriber

Here is what I am talking about. The menu in the bottom (where the circle is) does not show up when double tapped. This is not a problem for just this file, it seems to be for any Workbench file.

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Use reset layout 

• Edrick Kusumo
      Subscriber

That worked! Thank you so much!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.