July 17, 2017 at 2:07 pmZohrehSubscriber
Hello every body!
I'm working on Box girder model. I wanna apply force until it will be broken. The box Girder has 2 arms. forces are applied on arms. But the solution can't converge. I checked everything like materials, mesh size , changed sub steps, load steps and NSF(Normal stiffness factor) and etc but they didn't work. how can i solve it? could you help me?
July 18, 2017 at 9:48 pmpglAnsys Employee
Sounds like a large deflection buckling simulation? If you are using Workbench then take a look at the product documentation Static Structural Analysis section starting on page 316. In that section review the following:
- Establish Analysis Settings (page 318) - See the note about Large Deflection
Also see these important sections
- Large Deflection (Page 843)
- Nonlinear Controls (page 860)
If you are old school and using ANSYS M-APDL then lookup the command NLGEOM,ON
Here's some scholarly articles on box girder simulations using ANSYS found on the web:
July 19, 2017 at 2:04 pmZohrehSubscriber
Hello Dear pgl!
Thank you for helping. Yes, It's a large deflection buckling simulation. I'm using workbench. I don't know where is product documentation. How can I find it?
July 20, 2017 at 12:02 ampglAnsys Employee
On Windows 10, go to your Windows/Start menu, select "All apps" then "ANSYS 18.0" scroll down the list of ANSYS applications and select "ANSYS Help 18.0"
August 9, 2017 at 4:38 amdingSubscriber
You can also change the criteria of convergence. If your model is concrete, please try to select displacement criteria of convergence. You can achieve it by using "CNVTOL,u,1,0.001,2"
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.