July 17, 2017 at 2:07 pmZohrehSubscriber
Hello every body!
I'm working on Box girder model. I wanna apply force until it will be broken. The box Girder has 2 arms. forces are applied on arms. But the solution can't converge. I checked everything like materials, mesh size , changed sub steps, load steps and NSF(Normal stiffness factor) and etc but they didn't work. how can i solve it? could you help me?
July 18, 2017 at 9:48 pmpglAnsys Employee
Sounds like a large deflection buckling simulation? If you are using Workbench then take a look at the product documentation Static Structural Analysis section starting on page 316. In that section review the following:
- Establish Analysis Settings (page 318) - See the note about Large Deflection
Also see these important sections
- Large Deflection (Page 843)
- Nonlinear Controls (page 860)
If you are old school and using ANSYS M-APDL then lookup the command NLGEOM,ON
Here's some scholarly articles on box girder simulations using ANSYS found on the web:
July 19, 2017 at 2:04 pmZohrehSubscriber
Hello Dear pgl!
Thank you for helping. Yes, It's a large deflection buckling simulation. I'm using workbench. I don't know where is product documentation. How can I find it?
July 20, 2017 at 12:02 ampglAnsys Employee
On Windows 10, go to your Windows/Start menu, select "All apps" then "ANSYS 18.0" scroll down the list of ANSYS applications and select "ANSYS Help 18.0"
August 9, 2017 at 4:38 amdingSubscriber
You can also change the criteria of convergence. If your model is concrete, please try to select displacement criteria of convergence. You can achieve it by using "CNVTOL,u,1,0.001,2"
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Colors and Mesh Display