March 11, 2022 at 12:43 pmtunahanakbasSubscriber
I am trying to import a PCB design (in odb++ format) from Altium 15.1 to Ansys Electronics Student edition, however I noticed that the standard import option is missing and I was unable to do so. Below you can see the professional-enterprise edition tree under “File”:
See also in 2020 workshop from Ansys (Introduction to Icepak in AEDT) below: https://courses.ansys.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/AEDT_Icepak_Int_2020R1_EN_WS03.1.pdf
However there is no File-->Import tab on the student edition (see below):
Would you kindly help me with the subject, more specifically on how to import ODB++ files to Ansys Electronics Desktop Student 2021 R2?
In addition, is there a student addition of SIWave? I believe it is not provided with the mentioned student version.March 18, 2022 at 2:42 pmRobAnsys EmployeeSeveral of the import/export functions use licenced readers so aren't included in the Student version: the ones we usually see questions on are CAD related. Because Student can be downloaded by anyone, not all of the software is available, or it's coming once we figure out how to make the licence work so you can use the functionality to learn but not run commercial scale models.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Limitations to Student License?
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- FLUENT application Failed to start
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- No license available at this time
- I am using MacBook Pro with M1chip, how can I install or any other ways to use Ansys ?
- Problem with ANSYS 18.2 SpaceClaim
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.