January 5, 2018 at 9:11 amVishal GanoreAnsys Employee
Currently Workbench is not taking Parasolid file through import option in ANSYS Student V 18.2. Highlighted error in ANSYS Meshing is shown below:
Workaround: You need to import the file in Design Modeler (DM) first and then proceed for meshing.
Hopefully we will fix this bug in our upcoming version soon.
Thanks & Regards,
January 5, 2018 at 11:00 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
The same behavior was in Student 17.2 also and the same workaround was used.
I have a commercial license at work which includes Parasolid Import, so I can import in Workbench. The simple fix is to add the Parasolid import license to the Student license.
January 5, 2018 at 11:39 amVishal GanoreAnsys Employee
Thanks for the clarification Peter. Let me work with licensing team.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- How to work with STL file?
- drawing a geometry by importing a table of points
- Parameters not imported into Workbench 18.2 from Solidworks/Inventor
- section plane
- material properties
- Cant import spaceclaim model into fluent mesher
- Missing faces on solid bodies
- Ansys Mechanical Unable to get model
- Importing drawing file to Ansys Design Modeler
- ANSYS FLUENT – Operation would result in non manifold bodies