September 18, 2018 at 1:57 amsanju111Subscriber
when i try to import a solidworks 18 file into ansys 19 ,I am getting an error saying "file version not supported "
September 18, 2018 at 2:56 am
September 23, 2018 at 5:25 pmsanju111Subscriber
thank you Mr.sandeep , is there any other way so that I can import files in reader cad mode
September 23, 2018 at 6:57 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
You can Save As... Parasolid in SolidWorks, then Import the Parasolid file into DesignModeler using File > Import External CAD file, or you can open the Parasolid file with SpaceClaim.
September 25, 2018 at 4:59 amKeyur KanadeAnsys Employee
You can use SpaceClaim to import solidworks file.
You can also use setting -
File - spaceclaim options - File options - Workbench - Always use spaceclaim reader
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to work with STL file?
- Using Symmetry in DesignModeler and Expanding the Results
- Rotate tool in ANSYS Design Modeler
- drawing a geometry by importing a table of points
- section plane
- material properties
- ANSYS FLUENT – Operation would result in non manifold bodies
- Geometry scaling
- Parameters not imported into Workbench 18.2 from Solidworks/Inventor
- Convert Surface body to solid
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.