Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Unable to integrate the electromagnetic suite with workbench

• rorti045
      Subscriber

For some reason I cannot integrate the electromagnetic suite with workbench. I got the following messages after opening workbench:

The addin Ansys.Ansoft.CoreAddin.Addin could not be loaded, as the assembly C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Studentv190Addins/Ansoft/bin/Win64//Ans.Ansoft.CoreAddin.dll does not exist.
      The addin Ansys.Ansoft.FeedbackIteratorAddin.Addin could not be loaded, as the assembly C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Studentv190Addins/Ansoft/bin/Win64//Ans.Ansoft.FeedbackIteratorAddin.dll does not exist.

I hope someone can help me troubleshooting this issue.

• pgl
      Ansys Employee

Can you please clarify what you mean by integrating the EM suite? Are you trying to link for example a Maxwell simulation with a structural or fluids simulation in Workbench? Or are you trying to perform a deeper level of code integration?

I can see from the error message posted that you are using the ANSYS Student R19.0 product. The "feedback" message could indicate that a two way coupling simulation is trying to be performed? Our Student products do not currently include integration with our electromagnetics products like Maxwell or HFSS. In order to perform coupling between ANSYS Workbench and our EM/HF product such as Maxwell, HFSS, SIwave you will need to use Academic Teaching, Academic Research or commercial product licenses. You'll need a license of each product that you wish to integrate.  

• rorti045
      Subscriber

Hi,

I apologize because I was clear enough. Ultimately I want to couple my results from Maxwell into a Transient Thermal Analysis or Fluent. However, this error appears when I open workbench. Also, I cannot see the electromagnetic analysis on the left panel with the other available Analysis, such as Fluent, Steady State/Transient analysis, among many others. 

I believe that you have correctly address my problem. I am using a student version of Ansys, therefore I am unable to integrate the electromagnetics part with my student version because the limitations mentioned above. I didnt know I would need a license of each product that I wish to integrate.

Many thanks.

• pgl
      Ansys Employee

My pleasure, glad I was able to help.

If you need access to Teaching or Research licenses, then it is likely that your University School of ME and/EE has licenses deployed. We can connect you to the right people on campus to make that happen, just let me know here what University and department you are in.   

• msneg
      Subscriber

My pleasure, glad I was able to help.

If you need access to Teaching or Research licenses, then it is likely that your University School of ME and/EE has licenses deployed. We can connect you to the right people on campus to make that happen, just let me know here what University and department you are in.   

I have the same problem. I am Electrical Engineering student, at Energy Department, Politecnico di Milano, Italy. In fact, I have the EM Suite 19.2 already with the license, I have launched the Integration with ANSYS 19.2, but when I launch the ANSYS 19.2 (student), those error come out.  Thank you in advance for your kind support.
    • tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi msneg,

You have to install ANSYS Workbench (Mechanical or CFD products) that is not the student version (requires academic or commercial licenses) to integrate with your EM Suite. You can go to the same page that you downloaded the EM suite package, then download either Structures or Fluids or Multiphysics

Thanks,

Win

• 95taeyoung
      Subscriber

Hi, I'm currently a student in Pennsylvania State University I was wondering if you can either check or connect to the right person to receive the licenses. I want to import electromagnetic analysis which was performed by ANSYS HFSS into Workbench to do motion simulations. 

Thanks in advance, 

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi 95taeyoung ,

There are actually lots of contacts and accounts for your university. I think the best way for you might be to ask your IT or department about the right contact person for you.

If you still need help finding the right person, let us know. Note: Do not provide your personal information/contact in this forum.

Thanks,

Win

• pratikroy94
      Subscriber

Hi,

I am trying to import loads from my Maxwell solution of electric motor to ANSYS Fluent and Steady State Thermal. But both cases, it's showing that simulation launched but solution data is not available. I have determined losses results and total loss field overlays in Maxwell which I want to import for thermal solution. In fluent, the error is showing like below,

"Error: nError received from C:Program FilesAnsysEMAnsysEM19.0Win64ansysedt.exe:nSimulation launched.Solution data not available.

Error Object: #f"

Can you please give me any suggestion how to solve it? I need it urgent. Thanks in advance!

• pratikroy94
      Subscriber

Hi,

I am trying to import loads from my Maxwell solution of electric motor to ANSYS Fluent and Steady State Thermal. But both cases, it's showing that simulation launched but solution data is not available. I have determined losses results and total loss field overlays in Maxwell which I want to import for thermal solution. In fluent, the error is showing like below,

"Error: nError received from C:Program FilesAnsysEMAnsysEM19.0Win64ansysedt.exe:nSimulation launched.Solution data not available.

Error Object: #f"

Can you please give me any suggestion how to solve it? I need it urgent. Thanks in advance!

• JakeC
      Ansys Employee

Hi Pratikroy94,

Please create a new post in the appropriate physics section here:

https://studentcommunity.ansys.com/cat/your-favorite-physics-1/

Thank you,

Jake

• gevindu
      Subscriber

Hey, I'm using a licenced ansys workbench16.0 software package. i need to couple a maxwell system with steady state thermal system or import a .mxwl file to workbench to couple. but in my workbench toolbox, there isn't a maxwell system option or an option to import .mxwl file format. pleasee provide me with an answer for this. thank you in advance. 

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

What license are you using ?

Also, as Jake has stated, please create a new thread for your issue.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.