Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Unable to open .aedt file

• hezzedin
      Subscriber
      Hello there, nI am not able to open any .aedt file on my computer. I have ANSYS EDT version 2018.2 installed on Windows 10 OS. The last time I edited my design was on 13/07/2019. Since then I haven't changed anything concerning ANSYS directory files or installation parameteres. I've just tried to re-open today but it wouldn't even launch. nWhen I double click on the .aedt file, I get the small loading circle that appears beside the cursor for 2 seconds, then it disappears and nothing else happens. I've tried this with several other .aedts files (other designs) but still it won't work. I've also tried launching EDT from the strat button, won't work also. To make sure I'm not missing something, I've launched the task manager in parallel to see if a process of somekind starts whenever I double click on the .aedt file; nothing happens either. nCould you please help me resolve this issue?nKind regards,nHussein n
    • VivekKamble
      Ansys Employee
      Hello,nAre you running AEDT on a local Machine or a license server? Check connection with the license server in case of a server.nTry running AEDT as an Administrator.nI hope this will help.nBest regards,n
    • hezzedin
      Subscriber
      Hello VivekK, nI am running AEDT with a license server from Ecole Centrale de Lyon. I have double checked the connection with the server and there is no problem at this level; AEDT works normally on other computers using the same license server. I have also tried running AEDT as an Administrator, still it won't work. nThe problem is that the initial loading of the workbench is not even loading (where it usually searches for the license and loads the files). As I have explained in my first comment when I double click on the .aedt file, I get the small loading circle that appears beside the cursor for 2 seconds, then it disappears and nothing else happens.nKnowing that other plateforms of the EM suite are working fine like ANSYS SIwave 2018.2. nDo you have any idea what's wrong? nKind regards, n
    • hezzedin
      Subscriber
      My issue has been solved! nIt was probably due to a Windows Update, patch KB4571756.  nTo solve the problem I did the following: nOpen up Command Prompt -> Run as AdministratornSend two commands to set the environment variablesnnsetx ANSYS_EM_DONOT_PRELOAD_3DDRIVER_DLL 1nsetx ANSYS_EM_DONOT_PRELOAD_3DDRIVER_DLL 1 /mnnBelow is a thread reporting the same problem with several proposed solutions.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6032193/uploads/D2VWGULQB4ZM/maxwell-error-jpg.jpgGood evening, when I try to install the electromagnetic suite it shows these error at the end of the proces. Which can be the cause? I'm using an accademic license from home through my university VPN. Thanks in advance.Mariohttps://forum.ansys.com/discussion/20206/ansys-maxwell-error-3221227010

nHope this is helpful! nHusseinn
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.