Fluids

Fluids

Topics relate to Fluent, CFX, Turbogrid and more

Unable to open File in Ansys SpaceClaim oder Design Modeler

• cfdasdf
      Subscriber

Hello,

since yesterday I am unable to open .CATParts in either SpacClaim or Design Modeler. Before that it was perfectly possible without any problem to import .CATParts from CATIAV5 to the ANSYS eco system.

When I try to do the same now, the following message appears in SpaceClaim: "Unable to initialize geometry interface" -> "Geometry interface not found" -> "Attach failed".

Directly before I got this problem, I installed (and uninstalled) the AddOn CADNexus in order to be able to import CATIA V5 parameters to the Ansys eco system.

I already tried uninstalling and installing all Ansys products, nothing has worked so far...

Has anyone had a similar problem or knows the solution to this? This is getting very frustrating...

Thanks.

• RK
      Ansys Employee
      Hello,
      Can you try re-configuring the CAD interface? Ansys xxxx --> CAD configuration manager (make sure you run as administrator). When you configure, you should see a success message. Alternatively, check if you can import either a parasolid or a step file.
    • cfdasdf
      Subscriber
      I already tried that and it wasn't succesful unfortunately
    • cfdasdf
      Subscriber
      This is the config when I open the CAD Config Manager
      Is this the required setting in order to be able to open .CATParts?:
      If I try to configure it this way, the Plugin can't be installed...:

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.