Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Unable to open New Design Modeler Geometry from Workbench R2

• Kansas Mackenzie
      Subscriber

When I open Ansys Workbench > Fluid Flow (Fluent) > Geometry > New DesignModeler Geometry, I get an error pop up showing "ansyswbu.exe encountered a problem" and then it closes. I have tried reinstalling, creating new system environmental variable (ANS_OLD_ATTACH = 1), renaming Ansys folder at C:UsersUserNameAppDataRoaming to .Ansys. Still getting same error.

If I open a dos command prompt and type in: set - this is what is returned:

• George Karnos
      Ansys Employee

Edit your PATH.

It should begin with c:\Windows\system32\...etc

Your PATH has the following before that.
      Cut the following from the beginning and add to the end of your PATH>
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\mpi\latest\bin\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\mpi\latest\bin\release\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\mpi\latest\libfabric\bin\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\mpi\latest\libfabric\bin\utils\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\tbb\latest\redist\intel64\vc_mt\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\tbb\latest\redist\ia32\vc_mt\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\compiler\latest\windows\redist\intel64_win\compiler;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\compiler\latest\windows\redist\ia32_win\compiler;C:\Program Files\Simcenter\2020.1\Amesim;C:\Program Files\Simcenter\2020.1\Amesim\win64;C:\Program Files\Simcenter\2020.1\Amesim\win32;C:\Program Files\Simcenter\2020.1\Amesim\sys\mingw32\bin;C:\Program Files\Simcenter\2020.1\Amesim\sys\python\win64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSCommon;C:\SIMULIA\Commands;C:\Program Files\Microsoft MPI\Bin\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;

Take all the above and move it to the end of your System's PATH

• Kansas Mackenzie
        Subscriber

Hi George,

I edited the path as you stated but I am still getting the same error as before. Please see a copy of the updated path.

• Kansas Mackenzie
        Subscriber

Hi George,

I edited the path as you stated but I am still getting the same error as before. Please see a copy of the updated path.

• George Karnos
      Ansys Employee

Apologize for the delay....

Does this happen if logged into the machine as another user?

If you open the Event Viewer and check the Application logs and System logs
      Are there any errors listed?

• Kansas Mackenzie
        Subscriber

Hi George,

Yes this happens with both a standard user and an admin user. I checked Event Viewer and there are no errors related to ANSYS.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.