Fluids

Fluids

Unable to provide UDF as expression

• Raj007
      Subscriber

Hello all,

I want to provide UDF at the outlet as a pressure drop using a formula. But, when I try the expression it showing some errors like "Invalid Syntax", "RuntimeError: Function __add__|V|d not found" and so on

(PS: I just want to confirm again that, I am not using any code but trying it as an expression. I just want to if it works out)

Thank you in advance

Raj

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Can you provide the expression here? Which release are you using?

• Raj007
      Subscriber

This is the expression, I am using with V as Outlet Velocities in the Y direction and others are constant

If the release you meant is software version, then it is Ansys 2019 R3 or else can you please explain what you mean by release?

Thank you

Raj

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

So you need to create an expression or report definition for the velocity at outlet to get it averaged. You use that then later in Expression based report definition.

I would try to update the latest release, though.

• Raj007
      Subscriber

Actually I cannot use the latest release due to company reasons and they should not be averaged because I have multiple outlets. So I cannot use the report definition and this is the reason I am using it as an expression for Pressure (Not Velocity) at the Outlet.

Can you please help me out, why I am unable to define the velocity variable in the expression and other errors as I mentioned above.

Thank you

Raj

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.