January 10, 2019 at 6:32 pmdaj130330Subscriber
I recently migrated to a new licensing server for Ansys. Workbench receives a license fine from the new server without issue, but when I try to run the Electronics Desktop it just hangs while trying to contact the license server. Electronics Desktop worked fine with the previous desktop.
January 10, 2019 at 7:25 pmtsiriaksAnsys Employee
At this time, the license servers specification for Ansys Electronics Desktop (AEDT) are different than Ansys (Mechanical/Fluids products),
For AEDT, there are 2 ways to do it
1. (most common) Use .lic file(s) under (default) C:Program FilesAnsysEMadmin with the content like
2. Use an environment variable. You can either use LM_LICENSE_FILE or ANSOFTD_LICENSE_FILE with the value something like
You must update the information in either of these methods to point to the new server.
Let us know if this helps.
January 10, 2019 at 7:40 pmdaj130330Subscriber
The server name and port did not change, so no changes were made to the .lic file. No changes on the clients were needed to point to the new license server for workbench to work.
I should have mentioned that the server name didn't change. The new license server is using RHEL 7.5 and I did verify that I can make a TCP connection to port 1055 on the server from my laptop.
January 10, 2019 at 7:45 pmtsiriaksAnsys Employee
For AnsysEM licensing, aside from port 1055, the client machine must be able to connect to the port that ansyslmd is running on as well.
See my post here for more info
January 10, 2019 at 8:16 pmdaj130330Subscriber
The PORT=1056 specification was not on the old license management server, but it also didn't have the OS firewall enabled. The new license manager server does have the OS firewall enabled.
I have added PORT=1056 to the license, opened the 1056 port on the OS firewall, and tested TCP connectivity. I don't have AnsysEM to test it, so I will need to coordinate with someone who does. I will respond with the results.
January 11, 2019 at 5:40 pmtsiriaksAnsys Employee
If the user confirm that it helps, please mark the thread as resolved.
If it doesn't, make sure that the user's machine can connect to these two TCP ports too.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- Error with workbench SceneGraphChart
- Workbench error
- Workbench not opening
- How can I renew ANSYS student version license?
- An error occurred when the post processor attempted to load a specific result.
- License Error
- Licensing error while opening ANSYS Mechanical
- Licensing Error
- Problem with FlexNet Licensing
- ConfigureThisMachine Returns Error 1