January 4, 2019 at 1:22 am
January 4, 2019 at 3:12 amSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
Here are the ANSYS Discovery Hardware Requirements:
Minimum requirements for ANSYS Discovery software are as follows:
- 64-bit Intel or AMD system, running Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB minimum for Discovery AIM)
- A dedicated graphics card with latest drivers and at least 1GB video RAM, capable of supporting OpenGL 4.5 and DirectX 9c, or higher. Use of integrated graphics (e.g. Intel HD/IRIS) is not recommended. See below for special graphics requirements for ANSYS Discovery Live.
- 3 button mouse
ANSYS Discovery Live Graphics Requirements
ANSYS Discovery Live relies on the latest GPU technology to provide its computation and visual experience. To run the software, you will require:
- A dedicated NVIDIA GPU card (Quadro recommended) based on the Kepler, Maxwell or Pascal architecture. Maxwell 2000 or better strongly recommended. Most dedicated NVIDIA GPU cards produced in 2013 or later will be based on one of these architectures.
- At least 4GB of video RAM (8GB preferred) on the GPU.
Also, please ensure you have the latest driver for your graphics card, available from NVIDIA Driver Downloads.
The Discovery Live Compatibility Utility needs to be run following installation to verify if your current graphics hardware is capable of supporting ANSYS Discovery Live. This utility is found in the product installation at
If you do not have a graphics card that meets these specifications, the software will not run.
So, please check if you are satisfying all these dependencies.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- Error with workbench SceneGraphChart
- Workbench error
- Workbench not opening
- How can I renew ANSYS student version license?
- License Error
- An error occurred when the post processor attempted to load a specific result.
- Licensing error while opening ANSYS Mechanical
- Licensing Error
- Problem with FlexNet Licensing
- ConfigureThisMachine Returns Error 1