Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Unable to run Discovery Live although laptop meets minimum requirements

• Ibbyza
      Subscriber

Hi, I am not able to run discovery live on my laptop although the specs clearly meets my requirement. After running the setup, a pop shows that my device IS COMPATIBLE with the programme . However, when i try to run discovery live, another pop up shows that my device is NOT COMPATIBLE with discovery live.

SPECS (GIGABYTE AERO 15 CLASSIC)

16gb ram 

i7-9750h 2.8 ghz

gtx 1660 ti with 6 gb vram, Turing acrhitecture with latest Nvidia driver installed

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Can you check the programme is using the NVIDIA card and not the motherboard one?  Right click on the programme icon and use "Run with Graphics Processor". 

• victorlm
      Subscriber

Thank  you @rwoolhou for the tip, it worked perfectly for me.

I am even ashamed for haven't tried it before

However, thanks.

• Ibbyza
      Subscriber

Hi Sir, Yes i have tried that, the word (default) is already next to my Nvidia GTX 1660 TI processor therefore showing that my Nvidia gpu is being used for the programme as u can see in this image below. The image below that will be what ANYSYS discovery live shows me after i click 'high performance Nvidia processor' 

Thank you for your time and help, hope i can get this issue resolved.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Please try all of the suggestions posted on here

https://studentcommunity.ansys.com/thread/discovery-live-encountered-a-problem-right-when-simulation-would-start-gray-window/

• Ibbyza
      Subscriber

Tried all as u have mentioned, reinstalled with no antivirus active in my laptop.. still blackscreen. I think it has smth to do which why Discovery live is using my Intel graphics for rendering and not my 1660 TI. Are there anyways to change this?

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

You can try this

right click on the desktop then launch Nvidia Control Panel >> Manage 3D settings >> set Preferred graphics processor to be "High-performance NVIDIA processor”.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.