November 15, 2023 at 2:32 pmMariah HaSubscriber
I am trying to run a Lumerical example "Ge on Si APD", specifically the file dealing with electrical simulation of 10um device in charge. The downloaded file contains data already. However, when I go back to layout mode and click "run" , to run it on my side, it gives this error below. Is ir because I am using the latest Lumerical version 2023.R2.2 ? If so, what should I do to get this example running? I can not go back to an old version.
November 23, 2023 at 11:39 pmDevikaAnsys Employee
Apologies for the delay in response.
You can resolve the issue by disabling the "lock mesh" option. This option is accessible by right clicking on the CHARGE solver.
Once the mesh is unlocked it allows for a new mesh to be created which seems to be having a better convergence behavior in the new version.
I also like to redirect to this example: Avalanche photodetector – Ansys Optics
Thanks and regards
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.