March 3, 2022 at 4:10 pmDGiSubscriber
Our yearly Lumerical MODE license just expired and we have now a temporary floating license to bridge the time it needs for having a new one. After having installed the temporary license on our company server, I can succesfully open my previous .lms projects, for instance the LNO_waveguide.lms example provided in the Lumerical website. However, I cannot run the model. Even if I press the "run" button on top, the option in the Modal Analysis is disabled and the "Calculate Modes" button does not work. This happens to my colleagues too on their PC. How should we proceed?
Thanks for the supportMarch 3, 2022 at 9:09 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeI guess this is a temporary issue. Please try to restart your computer, and rebuild a simple file instead of using the existing file. You do not need to click "run" as long as you can access the "analysis window".
From my own experience, when the license is changed, it may take sometime to calculate after clicking "Calculate modes". Please make sure that the button is highlighted when you place your mouse on it.
You can also try to use script command:
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.