3D Design

3D Design

Unable to simulate snapfit

• juhuang7
      Subscriber

For the past few days, I've been unable to properly simulate my snapfit inteference between the male and female bits despite looking at youtube tutorials. I got a feeling that it's related to how I exported my Solidworks assembly as a STEP file. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Here's a screenshot of it not working.

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Here is a similar problem being solved.  Here is the thread and below are the videos I made.

• juhuang7
      Subscriber

In Peter's Spring clip simulation (100), I noticed that you said it's important that the contact status should be 'closed' under contact tool. Currently, mine are 'open' and inactive. How would I work around this to make it closed? This is what the geometry looks like currently

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee

maybe move the green part upwards in y-direction enough so it is touching blue part?

• juhuang7
      Subscriber

That seemed to work. Thanks so much

• juhuang7
      Subscriber

I wasn't sure if I should start a new post or continue this here but I'm having the same issue again with a different snap-fit. I've tried moving the part until it just touches the contact but I'm still experiencing the 'inactive' status. As a result, it's not detecting the contact between the 2 parts. I've attached my archived project here.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.