August 18, 2018 at 11:20 amKumarVaibhavSubscriber
I am simulating a metal sheet plate case with one end fixed using a cylindrical support alike cantilever i successfully applied all the boundary condition sbut if fails too solve with the following error message.What should i do?Pls see screenshot
August 18, 2018 at 11:43 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
1) Remove the distributed mass. You can have the same effect by increasing the density on the material to create the extra mass on the bed frame part.
2) Which face is the Fixed Support scoped to?
Under Analysis Settings
3) Turn on Large Deflection
4) Auto Time Stepping set to On
5) Initial Substeps 50
If you get another error, under Solution Information show a screenshot of the Force Convergence Plot.
6) Show the faces used to connect the long cylinder to the bed frame in the Contact definition, which I assume was Bonded.
7) Insert a Contact Tool under the Connections folder and Generate Initial Contact Status and show a screen shot of that table.
Replace the solid bodies with surface bodies and mesh with shell elements instead of solid elements.
August 18, 2018 at 11:53 amKumarVaibhavSubscriber
Ok removed the mass setting.
Substep 50 is not accepting it shows a yellow sign.See it solves but look at the project tree it shows some different green sign tell me why please?
August 18, 2018 at 12:00 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
Initial Substeps have to be < Maximum Substeps, so make Max Substeps 500.
You did a Background Solve instead of a Solve using the pulldown next to Solve. Just RMB on Solution and Get Results.
How many faces are you applying pressure to? If you apply it on opposite sides, then it just cancels out and the net force is zero.
August 18, 2018 at 12:17 pmKumarVaibhavSubscriber
i dont know how it happened the RMB solution i just didnt intend to do it.What should i do to restore the default settings as earlier and want to see the reults as itis by default.
i am applying pressure on the all sides front back and the two side faces
August 18, 2018 at 12:22 pm
August 18, 2018 at 12:25 pmKumarVaibhavSubscriber
see what the solver output says
August 18, 2018 at 12:54 pmKumarVaibhavSubscriber
peter i am not able to get results even after clicking right mouse button?How should i get back to my older result form where it gets a green ticked mark pls explain
August 18, 2018 at 1:02 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
RMB on Solution and Clear Generated Data.
Click on the Solve pull-down. There are usually two choice:
- My Computer and
- My Computer, Background.
Select My Computer to solve normally.
However, the Solver Output shows that you are not connected to the License Server
You have to fix that before you can solve. First thing to try is Restart your computer.
However, that may not fix anything because of the problems described in this thread.
Please show a screen snapshot of the License Status.
August 14, 2019 at 11:51 ammartoniolloSubscriber
Peteroznewman, i have the same problem, please help me.
Doing the My computer, Background it goes, but only Solve, no. What is the difference between them?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.