Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Unable to start the installation process

• lepetitprince
      Subscriber

Hello,

I have downloaded the academic version of Ansys product, AnsysACADEMICSTUDENT_2020R1_WINX64 to be exact and I cannot start the installation process. I unpack the archive and double click the setup.exe file. I run it as administrator. 

I closed every application I had opened, but I cannot click on anything there. Literally, it's like clicking on text that doesn't do anything. I tried to click to the Getting started - Installation , I expected pdf file to be opened but nothing really happened. I cannot pass that screen.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Check this

https://studentcommunity.ansys.com/thread/discovery-live-installation/

• lepetitprince
      Subscriber

Thank you for your answer. I solved this in the meantime on my own I just forgot to report back.

I unpacked the installation archive to the desktop so it didn't work. I moved the installer to D and it run properly. 

When I tried to run workbench, it didn't work because of ? in my username, so I opened new user account in windows without non-english letters and just run the program I already installed. And it worked.

Is there any way to get it (workbench) to work with AutoDesk Inventor though?

• dsurendr
      Ansys Employee

Hi,

You can run the CAD configuration Manager with Right click and Run as Admin from Start Menu > ANSYS  

Then click the checkbox for Inventor and select the Workbench Associative Interface Option > Next > Configure selected CAD interfaces

Does it say success?

After this, when you open Inventor > Do you see Workbench Plugin?

• lepetitprince
      Subscriber

Prerequisites ..... Configure Success

AI  Workbench PlugIn ..... Not Configured

CAD Configuration log file was written to location:  D:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Studentv201CADConfigLogsLatestCADConfigurationMgr.log

That's all I get. The log says:

<>

Invalid Inventor Dll File Path in createAnsRegistryXML2 D:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Studentv201aisolCADIntegrationInventorwinx64DSPlugInAICOM.dll

No valid Inventor installation detected

Writing packageinfo to: C:UsersMarko Todorovic.DESKTOP-MKFBFJPAppDataRoamingAnsysv201ProdConfiguninst_data.dat

WritePackageInstallData Succeeded.

SpaceClaimEngineering Not Detected

Saving to D:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Studentv201commonfilesCADCADConfigurationInfo.XML

WriteUpdateConfigurationStatusFile Update Success

Everything is installed on D partition since the laptop has 128gb SSD and it's not enough for CAD software. Is that making a problem here?

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

This functionality is not included in ANSYS Student version.

You can check 

https://www.ansys.com/academic/free-student-products

select the product -> "what's included" -> "Geometry Import"

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.